Friday, September 20, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipcolor Swatches, Photos & Review


M E G A L A S T   L I P   C O L O R

Hey beautiful! Are you one of those lipstick addict just like me?
Do you go 'gaga' over various shades and brands? If you are into lippies, I'm quite sure
 if ever I ask your top 10 brands ---- Wet n Wild will definitely take one of those spot.
Don't you agree? *wink! ;)



For this blog post, I've collaborated with the RATTUS CHOKI, the fabulous blogger behind
Beauty on a Shoestring Budget. I've been a fan of his blog and it was such a bliss that he agreed to collaborate with me. You can check out his blog about the Wet n Wild Lipstick right here! He also have a huge lipstick collection and a lipstick. junkeejust like me! =D






Now let's proceed with the review, shall we? :) 




WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS. Longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte. crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather or bleed.

Made with hydrating skin care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E helps smooth lips.


I've been meaning to buy these babies for the longest time! But since the brand is not yet available on our place (Tacloban City), I have to purchase them online. So I searched through various online shops and bumped into this shop called Nyx Wholesale PH and was astonished by the price of the lippies! I'll tell you the price later. *grin :3


OKEY, LET'S GO!


PACKAGING. It comes in a sleek black tube with a transparent cap. The lipstick doesn't completely retract into the tube so it would cause the cap to hit or smudge the lipstick upon opening/closing it. But nonetheless, I appreciate the transparent cap, it helps me pick the shade I want easily rather than picking each one and looking at the bottom for the name/shade.



As you can see, I only bought 3 shades out of the 20 available colors. I chose the shades that I see myself using everyday. Mauve Outta Here,  24 Carrot Gold and Coral-ine are on the top of my list. I feel comfortable wearing them in school, like, I want to look fabulous and presentable but I don't want that much attention, Do you know what I mean?


PRICE. Now for the price! You won't believe how much this babies costs! Considering the quality of these lippies together with it's long-wearing ability, benefit definitely exceeds cost at 115Php! How awesome is that?! Sorry, I can't contain myself with all this excitement. lol.


 CONSISTENCY. This gave me a matte finish, although it claims to have a semi-matte finish. What I like about it is that it doesn't sits on my lines. It does not glide smoothly on my lips considering that I didn't use a lip balm, gonna remind myself to purchase one of those though. hehe! It didn't made my lips dry as well, so that's a plus.




S   W   A   T   C   H   E   S


The lippies are super pigmented, and just out there like BAM!
It certainly took the center stage!  I can't stretch how much I love love l-o-v-e them!
It took me two layers for this specific swatch right here. JUST TWO! How about that?! =D



L  I  P    S  W  A  T  C  H




24 CARROT GOLD. It has a warm orange color that would definitely make
your lips POP-UP. It is suitable for everyday use. This helps me achieve a fresh
look at school and I'm lovin' it!






CORAL-INE. A bright coral red color. The photo here didn't quite capture 
the exact color it looks like in person, my apologies for that. But it's really not 
your typical red lipstick, that I can assure you.





Mauve Outta Here. This is a pink color lipstick with a purple undertone.
I personally love this one although I don't use it very often compared 
to the 24 Carrot Gold. It lights ups my face because of it's bright shade, 
but not too light.



O   V   E   R   A   L   L


I love the lippies! It's my TOP 1 on my list of favorite lipstick!
Okey, so I don't own a lot of branded lipstick. It's because most of them are costly and as you all know, I am on a tight budget. lol. For beginners and budget-conscious ladies out there, I would definitely recommend this brand! It's affordable, long-wearing and has beautiful shades to choose from. Doesn't looks cheap at all considering that it only costs 115Php. So try it now! *happy face :)


What I love about this product:
  • AFFORDABLE at only 115Php!
  • Has a matte finish.
  • Doesn't dried up my lips.
  • Got 20 shades to choose from.
  • Colors are so pigmented.

What I don't like about the product:
  • Lipstick doesn't retract well on the tube.
  • Cap became usually messy and untidy.
  • Not that smooth when glided on the lips.
  • Because of it's flat top, it's messy when applying on the lips.


So there you go beautiful!
I hope I encouraged you to try out this product.
I'm sure you'll love it! :)

Thanks for reading and see you on my next blog post.
Stay pretty ^^



1 comment:

  1. The shades look gorgeous on you sis! You should also try Rosebud =)

    ReplyDelete